For many people, gardening is a joy – but just as many find it frustrating. That doesn’t mean you have to totally abandon your hopes for a beautiful yard. As a leading provider of landscaping in Rock Hill, SC, Rolling Hills Nursery & Landscaping understands that these struggles are common, especially when you’re dealing with the red clay soil we have here in York County. Here are five picks for plants that are easy to grow:
- Chives – You may not think about planting chives in your flower beds, but this plant is both easy to grow and edible. Their green shoots add texture and their purple blossoms add color and beauty.
- Oregano – Like chives, oregano is an edible plant that’s easy to grow. With its beautiful green allure, oregano offers a subtle beauty to landscaped areas. It comes with an added bonus, too: It’s a great way to attract butterflies.
- Wild Geranium – Sometimes the best plants are the ones that hardly need any care or attention. Wild geraniums fit the bill. These plants are very easy to grow and also bring color, grace, and charm to your yard.
- Daffodils – Daffodils are one of the first signs that spring is on the way. Plant bulbs in the fall in a sunlit area and enjoy the cheery color in a few months’ time. These plants can sometimes survive (and thrive) for generations.
- Poppies – Poppies are sometimes mistaken for weeds due to their impressive survival rate. These are simple flowers that add real visual impact to your property.
These are just a few of the easy-to-grow plants you’ll find at Rolling Hills Nursery & Landscaping in Rock Hill, SC. Our landscapers will suggest a wide variety of plants, trees, and shrubs that will work well in our climate. Talk to us about all of our landscaping services, as well as our wholesale plant nursery services.